- Arrive in Rome & hop a train from Rome to Naples via ItaliaRail.com
- Arrange transport from Naples to Positano (I arranged through my hotel)
- Stay at La Casa de Peppe, a beautiful renovated villa close to Via Fornillo
- Eat at Ristorante Mediterraneo and soak up the views at Hotel Ancora; make a reservation at Le Sireneuse for a scenic lunch
- Visit Fornillo beach – the smaller of the two Positano beaches – and soak up the local scene.
- Take a ferry to Sorrento, and enjoy the bustling shops and winding streets
- The weather didn’t cooperate for me, but if you’re more lucky – check out the Path of the Gods, or book a day trip by boat to explore Capri & the coast.
- Stay in the Santa Croce neighborhood at this epic Airbnb – you might be tempted to just stay in!
- Eat at Zeb – OMG it was good
- Hike up to Plaza Michelangelo and enjoy the amazing views of the city
- Lounge in Piazza Santo Spirito for a lively local vibe
- Grab drinks at this extremely scenic (but very randomly located) roof deck bar, atop a department store by the Duomo
- Shop for leather at Noi
- Check out an Airbnb experience – I went on an excellent street art tour
- PSA: Make your reservations for the Duomo & museums in advance – if you don’t, you’ll be unable to visit!
For more detail, check out my posts about each step in the journey!